Museum Student Council
For Students, By Students.
The University of Arkansas Museum’s Student Council serves as an important voice for shaping the Museum’s mission, goals and outreach through a student perspective, making it a Museum for students and by students.
Applications for the 2020-2021 term have closed. Check back between June – August 2021 to apply for the next term!
Have a question? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
What You Need
- Museum experience or plans for a museum career are not necessary – just a desire to engage with people and explore the possibilities of the Museum collections.
- All academic majors welcome, across the arts and sciences. Undergraduate and graduate students are both welcome.
- Member requirements: physical or virtual presence at 1-2 meetings per month from September – April, assistance with two Museum events, a small digital creation on the Museum’s website (blog, artwork, video, etc), and pay a $20 membership due. If you wish to join but the membership due would be a hardship due to COVID-19 or otherwise, please contact the Council’s Treasurer Parker Taylor at email@example.com.
What You Get
- Gain leadership and earn resume experience
- Learn about the inner workings of a museum
- Explore the Museum’s vast collections
- Develop skills in event planning, fundraising, education, research, marketing and PR, or exhibition design.
- Influence how the Museum serves the UA campus
- Foster interdisciplinary connections across campus
- Serve as a Museum ambassador and raise awareness